Military history has been critical to world history in general. Many things, from technological advancements to the changing of geography, have come through military encounters. The following are a list of major military engagements throughout history.
- Pelopennesian War - 431-404 BC-A History
- Punic Wars - 264-146 BC-Middle Eastern Wars
- Norman Conquest - 1066-A war ostensibly to convert pagan England.
- The First Crusade - 1095-1099-The Normans attempt to retake the Holy Land
- The Second Crusade - 1147-1149-An Overview
- The Third Crusade - 1189-1192-Another attempt to retake Jerusalem
- The Fourth Crusade - 1202-1204-A First Person Account
- 100 Year's War - 1337-1453 -Fought Between France and England
- English Civil War - 1641-1651-One of the Most Pivotal Wars in English History
- Seven Years War - 1754-1763-A Detailed Overview
- The French & Indian War - 1754-1763-A War that introduced the concept of ambush to European conflict.
- American Revolution - 1775-1783-The war for American Independence
- French Revolution - 1789-1799-The war that removed the French Monarchy
- Napoleonic Wars - 1803-1815 -A Timeline
- War of 1812 - 1812-1815-From the National Archives
- Mexican-American War - 1846-1848 -From PBS
- Crimean War - 1853-1856-England, Russian, and The Vatican engage in the second battle over 'the Eastern Question'.
- United States Civil War - 1861-1865-Also Known as the War of Northern Aggression
- Spanish-American War -1898 -A History
- Boer Wars - 1899-1902 -The Anglo-Boer War
- Russian Revolution - 1905-1907-The First Russian Revolution
- WWI - 1914-1918-Introduced the Tank to Modern Warfare
- Bolshevik Revolution -1917-The Birth of the Soviet Union
- WWII - 1939-1945-Observations By Winston Churchill
- The Cold War - 1945-1991-The two great superpowers war following the end of World War II
- Korean War - 1950-1953-Facts from the National Park Service
- Vietnam - 1959-1975-From the CIA Factbook
- The Soviet-Afghani War -1979-1989-The War that ended Soviet Military Superiority
- Operation Desert Storm - 1990-1991-The first US Intervention into the Middle East
- War in Iraq 2001-present-America responds to Terrorist Attacks in Manhattan